We interrupt our scheduled program to bring you this commercial message:
I've been tagged.
Lauren, has passed along the "blessing" with the disclaimer that I do not have to participate if I don't want, but I am anal about finishing these kinds of requests, so off I go. The assignment: five random facts about myself.
Now the challenge is, I don't have five interesting facts about myself. I wondered myself to sleep last night trying to think of what they might be. Really. Sure, I can talk my fool head off to anybody, including the strange guy in the line at the market, but as far as offering tidbits that others would find interesting.....duh....I dunno?
1. My dream job would be to run my little farm and somehow make enough money to exist pretty much as we do. I suppose that would mean organic vegetable prices would have to go up, and there would have to be a keen market for registered Shetlands and Pygoras, and the like, but hey, that's why it's call a "dream" job...
2. My favorite book(s) that I wish were real and I would like to be in: Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. If not for all the adventure and good sex, at least for the reunion in the print shop. Love that moment.
3. Of all the famous people in the world (none of whom I have met, BTW) I would like to meet the Dalai Lama. Just want to ask him tons of questions...
4. I collect (although not as passionately as in my youth) glass insulators. You know, the typically blue/green thingys on top of telephone poles (usually ceramic these days) I have close to 75 different ones, and have most of them displayed in our dining room.
5. I give up. You guys will have to ask me what you want to know for the last one...
Oh yeah, and since I don't know five other people with blogs that haven't already been tagged (most of my friends and associates don't even know what a blog is, or what to do with it...) this one will have to end here. Sorry cyber-world.