Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I get stopped in my tracks

As much as my life has been a whirlwind of activity, gardening, company, and summer lately, it is moments like these that stop me right in my tracks.



I mean, my photography doesn't do the moment justice, but seeing those fuzzy little faces peaking out at the world from under the hen's feathered body, just makes you drop your gardening tools and flop down on the grass to take it all in. (OK, yeah, I had to go run and get the camera first - don't ruin the moment...)

Then, there's this:


Not warm or fuzzy, but elegant in its simplicity, form, and motion. She was coming out of a hiding place in the blades of the now quiet rototiller to sun herself on the driveway.

And lots of these:

I never tire of looking at all the many shades of green in the garden...

5 comments:

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Isn't nature wonderful? I just love those serendipitous finds that lift your otherwise mundane day and make it all worth it. I look forward to watching them grow up! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I've missed your posts! Glad to see a new one, and hear that you are doing fine and enjoying special moments.

Kathy said...

Kudos to you, Melanie, for taking the time to actually SEE what's around you. I tried that here, but all we have is brown, crisp pasture. Even the snakes are hiding!

Lisa said...

Your garden looks so good!

Karin said...

melanie, I had a fantastic time on Sunday. Thank you ever so much. I am glad I got to hold one of these chicks!
The email adress I gave you is having trouble...I am so sorry.
please write to me at the old periwinklesheep addy if you still have it....