Thursday, January 03, 2013

Knit faster, dammit!

It's COLD!!!!  That's what the chickens are saying.....hoping to get some poultry lingerie...I am sure.   It dipped WELL below zero the last two nights.  It's the kind of weather that makes me want to do NOTHING more than cozy up on the couch with some knitting....
These socks languished on the needles all during December - not for lack of interest - but because I got practically zero knitting time (dratted job!).  The pattern is mine - anyone wanting a copy should e-mail me, or shout out in the comments section.  It will eventually be up on the website/Ravelry, but that may take a while....
My daughter is also chanting the mantra, "Knit Faster!" as these are her socks.  Basic ribbed design, in Dyenamics colorway Starry, Starry Night.  Believe me, these are not all on her list, she has ideas about a pair of fingerless mitts...

Meanwhile, Chicken Mamas - Don't forget our feathered friends in the cold - we swath all combs, wattles and tender parts in Vaseline for the cold weather to prevent frostbite.  Liberal application, frequently.

Stay warm!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE the first pattern, and the second colorway! Little time to knit here; been busy playing musical horses. Cold here (for us), too; the upside is frozen mud!

Susan said...

Soooo, do you have that awesome 'Starry, Starry Night' in that ever-so-slightly heavier weight yarn? Hmmmm? I love it! I might even try the socks, since you were the one who virtually led me by the hand toward cables...

melanie said...

As a matter of fact, I am dyeing some tomorrow! Will throw in some extra.....and you'll love these "cables" - they are "fake" (in other words, no stitches come off the needles, it's all YO and such...)

Mama Pea said...

Wow, by the looks of that first pair of socks, you be one accomplished knitter!

Now for the big question: Why is it that in summer (every summer, year after year) we sincerely believe we are going to have all the time we want for knitting, sewing, quilting, reading. Then winter seems to be busy in it's own little way. (Getting dressed in seven layers to go out to do chores, hauling water three times a day, yadda-yadda-yadda, may have something to do with it, eh?)

melanie said...

Mama-

I still believe I am going to have all the time to knit a million things....now all I have to do is live to 150. I believe it's called "insanity".....