Monday, January 12, 2009

Do you know any sock knitters?


Calling all sock knitters!  All skill levels are welcome to participate in the First Annual Dyenamics Yarn March Madness Knit Off.  So please, pass this along.  We are still looking for a few good knitters to fill the ranks of the 64 before the Madness kicks off in March.

It is completely free, yet there are prizes to be won!

It is competitive, yet none of the bitchiness that plagued the Sock Wars!

It is fun, yet does not last forever - so prod those you know to enter, and convince them that the least they can do for you in thanks...is to knit one of the pairs for you!

4 comments:

Nancy K. said...

I want the socks pictured in your post!!!!

Seriously, they are gorgeous. I've NEVER knit a pair of socks. I've tried (started) a couple of times but never finished a single sock...

I would like to find a knit along for FIRST TIME sock knitters. I also think I want to use heavier yarn and bigger needles because I find my tendinitis really flares up when I try knitting with small needles...

I know. I'm a wimp.

melanie said...

Wh,y thank you for the sock compliment. It is totally the yarn that makes them look so nice - I have been practicing in my mind how to get yarn to dye up like that, and I know it will involve a warping board...now to just get off my duff and do it!

I like the idea of a "first timers" KAL....maybe we can do something in the Spring after the Madness is over...

Unknown said...

Yes, I know you as my personal sock knitter and until I learn, I am looking for spare time to learn BTY, I decided you can be my personal sock person. I am wearing my "autumn" socks by you w/everything and the animals said they are sick of looking at the same pair so "we" would like a pair in pink (LOL) Oh, I forgot to let you know, that everything is wrong with my tomatoes. I have been growing them in raised beds...they just suck, they are green forever and by the time they turn red, they are all crappy looking. And I can't believe you used another cuss word in your blog....good grief woman!!

melanie said...

OK, I will keep pink in mind, but I have a few in line before I get to knit just for fun....

BTW- cuss words are only bad if they're verbs...that was an adjective, or kind of a noun...

You think I'm bad now? You should have seen me when I was in the classroom! Now I just train teachers, and they have worse pottymouths than me...so I look more angelic!